... so put on ALL your clothes!
The weather is so weird out here! On Thursday it was so humid and warm that I turned on the air conditioning and then this morning the thermostat read 63 degrees! I must have been cold last night because I dreamed that it snowed again. Shudder. I didn't think Collin would get the chance to wear this cute, wool jumpsuit, but here he is, all warm and snuggly!
I think the weather started going downhill on Saturday night. Camille wanted to surprise Andy for his birthday, so she threw him a BBQ at our house. Lots of people came and we had a great time until about 9pm when it started to rain. :(
Collin enjoyed the party from his perch on the picnic table.
Even though it was a sunny day, the wind was pretty cold and I ended up giving out a couple of my jackets to some girls who hadn't anticipated the cold weather.
Here's Dave with his new toy.
The three prego girls...
Trav was the grill man for the night, but the wind was making the fire a little difficult to control...
... thus singeing some poor hair on his hand.
Camille went all out on the food- burgers, hot dogs, beans, veggies, watermelon, fruit, apples and Snickers salad, pasta salad, green salad, chips, dip, rootbeer floats, cake and ice cream. I'm full again just talking about it!
He turned the big 26 today. Happy Birthday Andy!
I don't know if my cousin, Jenny Richardson, ever checks my blog, but I wanted to thank her and Randy for helping me out last week. Collin had an appt. at a Diagnostic Imaging Lab to have a scintiscan done. It was to check to see if he has reflux. I debated about actually going through with it because 1- I was nervous about the procedure and 2- even if it confirmed he did have reflux, I didn't really think I wanted him on Prevacid or Zantac to treat it. It was the night before and I had been online researching everything I could find on reflux and the scintiscan, etc. when Randy's name popped into my head. He's a pediatric radiologist and would be the perfect person to ask for his opinion about this. I only hesitated because I know doctors get annoying people asking them all sorts of questions and wanting free advice and I didn't want to be one of "those" people. But I guess I either have no shame or was just really desperate because I called him anyway. Not only did he not act annoyed, but he asked me questions about Collin, was so helpful, and told me just what I needed to hear! I was SO relieved and thankful! So in case you're wondering, I did not go through with the scintiscan. I still think Collin has reflux, but they eventually grow out of it, and I'd rather help it with natural things. Hence, the picture below. I bought some homeopathic Colic Calm and the only think I hate about it is that it's dark black, because of the vegetable charcoal. I don't give it to him very often, but I did one time last week, then stuck his pacificer in. When I pulled it out, this is what he looked like! Hehe, my little French man with a goatee :)
helping me with the laundry ....
(with the washer in the basement, and our room upstairs, the poor kid has taken many a ride in the laundry basket as I transfer loads up and down the stairs)
(yes mom, we are doing all we can to prevent the dreaded "flat head" :)
9 comments:
I'm glad the bbq birthday bash turned out good. We were sad to miss it & I am now hungry after hearing about all that food :) Ok, I love the pic of Collin in his church clothes! So handsome! I can't wait to dress my little guy up too.
He is so cute I just want to hold him again. I love the outfit in the last picture.
That is the cutest smile! What a little stud muffin. He'll be a heartbreaker for sure.
It was good to see a new entry on you blog with pictures of that cute little guy. I love the gotee one that is hilarious with his great big eyes. I loved the last one also. Such a cutie--I can hardly wait to hold him again.
I also loved the one where Trav is balancing him on his hand. His expression is like "Dad, what are you doing to me and when are you going to quit?"
I am so MAD!! I had Collins baby shower gift all ready to give to you while you were here and I totally forgot to give it to you... arrr. I will be shipping it soon.
AWH man this was the wrong thing to look at when I'm missin Collin, now I miss him even more!!! Last night I just wanted to hold a baby so bad.... can't wait for you guys to come back at the end of summer :)
I love the top picture of Collin! He just looks so snuggly & of course, CUTE!!
U have got the cutest baby, Mrs. Evans!!!
Post a Comment