Last Wednesday, the Mia Maids and Laurels went on a little hike to Niagara Gorge for mutual. I seriously looked forward to it ALL DAY. (I was getting a little tired of the house!) As you can see, there are four leaders (Tiff is taking the pic) and three girls. This is fairly typical of any YW activity :)
]
The water was breathtaking- like a bright teal color. Where we are standing is still the U.S., but on the other side is Canada.
We had a fun picnic before the arduous hike. Complete with sandwiches that Sis. Varona made with her homemade bread. She is an amazing cook!
The water was breathtaking- like a bright teal color. Where we are standing is still the U.S., but on the other side is Canada.
We had a fun picnic before the arduous hike. Complete with sandwiches that Sis. Varona made with her homemade bread. She is an amazing cook!
Collin came along for the ride. His first time in a Baby Bjorn.
We had to keep our eyes on Hunter, who liked to pick up millipedes along the way. Barf. And yet this girl is terrified of ants. Seriously!
It was really a very short hike, made up mostly of steep, rock stairs to get you to the water. From where I'm standing taking this picture to where the girls are by the water, was a very steep, dirt incline. I wanted to touch the water, but Sis. Varona played the mom card on me and said it was too dangerous with Collin. Sigh. I almost did it anyway, then decided to be a good example and obey my leaders, hehe.
So while the girls had fun, Tiff accompanied me back out so I could feed the babers.
Here is an example of one of the many flights of stairs we hiked. Can you see little, bitty Tiff at the top?! Needless to say our behinds got a workout!
Saturday afternoon, we went to Crystal Beach with the Shaws and their friends that were in town visiting, Jamielynn and Clark. It was a lot of fun, minus the hundreds of high school teeny boppers. Apparently we chose to go on school "beach day" :( And we were lucky enough to have a particulary intelligent group of kids that were fluent in the "four letter word" language, next to us. Who knew you could insert " f@#*! " 8 times in a sentence. No joke. I wanted to cover my little baby's ears. So glad they remembered their smokes too. That just topped it off!
Rach made us yummy subs for lunch.
Da Girls :)
We had to keep our eyes on Hunter, who liked to pick up millipedes along the way. Barf. And yet this girl is terrified of ants. Seriously!
It was really a very short hike, made up mostly of steep, rock stairs to get you to the water. From where I'm standing taking this picture to where the girls are by the water, was a very steep, dirt incline. I wanted to touch the water, but Sis. Varona played the mom card on me and said it was too dangerous with Collin. Sigh. I almost did it anyway, then decided to be a good example and obey my leaders, hehe.
So while the girls had fun, Tiff accompanied me back out so I could feed the babers.
Here is an example of one of the many flights of stairs we hiked. Can you see little, bitty Tiff at the top?! Needless to say our behinds got a workout!
Saturday afternoon, we went to Crystal Beach with the Shaws and their friends that were in town visiting, Jamielynn and Clark. It was a lot of fun, minus the hundreds of high school teeny boppers. Apparently we chose to go on school "beach day" :( And we were lucky enough to have a particulary intelligent group of kids that were fluent in the "four letter word" language, next to us. Who knew you could insert " f@#*! " 8 times in a sentence. No joke. I wanted to cover my little baby's ears. So glad they remembered their smokes too. That just topped it off!
Rach made us yummy subs for lunch.
Da Girls :)
Collin wasn't lovin' the beach too much, which makes me nervous for Oceanside, CA.... but maybe being a couple months older will help. Trav and I are whity white, but we took comfort in the fact that we could never be whiter than Collin, hehe.
Isn't this picture a gem! Haha. I didn't even see her do it. You have to beware, taking pics with my camera! Love ya, Rach! :)
And the ever lovely border. My worst fear is getting stuck in this mess and having to use the bathroom- ya know what I mean?! It would be like that scene out of Two Weeks Notice. And I would find a camper!
Isn't this picture a gem! Haha. I didn't even see her do it. You have to beware, taking pics with my camera! Love ya, Rach! :)
And the ever lovely border. My worst fear is getting stuck in this mess and having to use the bathroom- ya know what I mean?! It would be like that scene out of Two Weeks Notice. And I would find a camper!
Well, fun in the sun was over by now, but I had to document our first experience at CheeBurger CheeBurger! When we first saw this restaurant, we just made fun of it, but apparently it's quite the place. And I knew my brother, David, would be jealous of the Mason jars they serve your drinks in! I only know of one other restaurant that does that and it's in the depths of a ghetto in Phoenix. It's called LoLo's Chicken and Waffles. Classic. A must if you visit the city of the sun. Kool Aid never tasted better. :)
8 comments:
Wasn't the beach great?! I'm glad I made your post w/my little surprise picture :) The YW hike looks like it was a lot of fun!
Hey this is Marcus. They have a Chee Burger Chee Burger here in Chandler down by my work. I have been there three or so times. They do have a good burger and fries. You'll have to work up to the Pounder though. We had an informal 4th of July Orbital eating contest there one year. The Pounder, large fries and milkshake contest to see who could down it the fastest. Fun place.
Steph, I'm so glad you found me. I was seriously thinking about you not long ago, wondering what you were up to. Man, it's gorgeous where you're living right now and your little boy is too cute. I think it's so fun you married somone you grew up with. Well be sure we keep in touch and hopefully we can meet up someday.
What fun adventures!! I love that you went hiking with Collin, what a workout. I'm jealous you got to go to the beach!! Even with the teeny-boppers and their potty mouth! =)
I am really starting to love your blog. . especially the sucker post. You are a great writer and make me laugh.
It looks absolutely gorgeous there! I want to go to the beach SO bad! Next time bring soap to put in all the tweens mouths! hahaha. You are looking good in your swimsuit! GO MOMMY!
You guys are lucky you have a beach nearby. I wish I had a LOT more color to this skin right now. We're like you though, sometimes we're still having breezy days. Somehow I missed your post about going home for the blessing so I'm just reading it now. Looks like you got to do a lot with family while you were there. I'm glad Collin is sleeping a little better during the day. I wish I were near "my girls" more and more and I wish we had hung out more when we lived in AZ :(
I wanna go to cheeburger cheeburger! I might have to come visit just for that and Duffs! Pretty impressive that you not only went hiking for fun but had a kid strapped to the front of you the whole time. So I really am thinking about us coming out in the fall. Like maybe early october? Tell me what you think
Post a Comment