Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Milestones

HaPpY MoThEr'S DaY!
Haha, now who wouldn't want this little bundle of joy?! :)

Well, this past Sunday was my first Mother's Day and I finally understood why my mom dislikes this "holiday" so much. Not that it isn't full of good and honorable intentions, but it's a little awkward in church when the speakers are going on and on about how wonderful women/mothers are and all you want to do is squirm in your seat and think of all your shortcomings! However, I do think my mom is the grooviest around and my I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in- law! I was a bit disappointed in our ward gift though..... I love flowers, but Southern Estates does it right with a giant Symphony Bar! :)

Trav was so sweet and got this Willow Tree figurine for me. I LOVE it- he did good! And Collin got me The Giving Tree book. I didn't grow up with that book, so it's new to me, but I have a feeling it will be a tear jerker through the years. And check out the treasure on the back!

Yowzeers! Most authors put a small snapshot on the inside cover, but not this guy! Now, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this would have scared the crap out of me as a kid!


Moving on..... tomorrow is Collin's 2 month birthday! His doctor's appt. isn't until Friday though, so I won't have his stats until then. He is such a sweet boy. Most people say he looks like Trav, but a couple have said he has my eyes. They are dark blue though and it's an ongoing debate as to whether they'll turn brown. He is so smiley and coos up a storm! He's also learned to bite down with his gums after he's done eating and is bored. That has GOT to stop quick! :) I can only imagine what it will feel like when he has teeth!

I love his dimples and bald head. When I saw this picture I couldn't help but think, "ET phone home!" Haha.

And he's already decided what he's going to be when he grows up... a shot put thrower! :) Or is this the pose that football players make?.... I dunno!

April showers.....
bring May flowers!!

So last week, I was dying to go for a jog all day and knew I had to hurry because it was supposed to rain. Well right when I stepped out the door, the sprinkles started. No worries, I would just go quick and it probably wouldn't rain too hard. WRONG! In just a couple of minutes it downpoured. I thought my eyeballs would get bruised from the missles falling from the sky. It only took two miles for me to be drenched from head to toe. And I wanted to cut off my hair rather than pick the nasty rats nest out! It was BAD.

On the bright side, we got these beautiful tulips bloomin' in our front yard!

And for our last bit of news.... Trav is officially done with his first year of dental school! And this is how he spent his first day off- weeding the front planters. :) He has a month of spring extension, but technically those classes are second year credits. I can't believe the first year is over. We've had the best time here in the armpit of New York! Seriously though, it's been such an amazing experience. I'm so proud of Trav and all the work he's done (no way would I have the motivation/brain power/patience to do what he's doing). He's studied countless hours, become an online Risk champion, tormented poor Jacob :), and eaten more wings than anyone else I know. (Well.... besides Doug and Bron!) Just kidding, but seriously. Trav, I love you and am so grateful I get to be on this adventure with you!

8 comments:

Tasha said...

Collin is so adorable. His cute smile makes me smile! :) I think spring extension is SO dumb - but of course that is just me being bitter that Carl can't be here yet.. Your tulips are gorgeous by the way!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm so jealous of your tulips...they are beautiful!

Leah Martineau said...

Yeah one year down and 3 to go!!!!!! Yes I'm already counting down =) I'm with you on the Mothers Day stuff and yes our ward gives a chocolate truffle candy bar and that is the only way to go. Sorry you got flowers. The author of the giving tree is a creepster, and I actually heard a rumor he really is a creepster if you know what I mean. I love that book though!! Well did you hear I invited myself over to your parents when you are here so get ready for some fun!!!!

Paula said...

I can't wait to see that cute little guy. I don't think he looks like either one of you. By the way Happy Mother's Day and I think every mother out there feels the same way you do. I didn't have to endure those talks--I talked to Trevor and Aubrey instead and had everyone over. It was great until I looked at the mess that was left. Happy Mother's Day to me. (It was worth it to have everyone here.)

Andréa Morrow said...

hey I'm glad I found your blog off the Evan's :) cute baby! visit us at dreadog7.blogspot.com :)

marcie said...

AHH!! holy shnikees that man is so scary somethin like that would of given me nightmares.... still will probably!!

Julie said...

Hey Steph!

I am so excited that you are coming soon! Let me know when's a good time to drop by or go get Nielson's Frozen Custard Ü Collin is so dang cute, I can't get over is big smile and dimples. Can't wait to hold him!

Shelley Goodman said...

That was a cute post. The first pic is a classic for all mothers...just got to love em, screaming and all:)