So this morning we had another sonogram done. At my last doctor's appt. on Monday, I was only dialated to a 1 and 50% effaced. I was also still measuring really small at 36 weeks instead of the actual 39 weeks. So he ordered another ultrasound to make sure all was OK. I was definitely not OK as I waited though! Well, according to the sonogram, he weighs in at a healthy 7lbs 7 oz! YEAH! Trav just about rolled his eyes when they told me that everything looked fine. He was not in the least worried. You see, we went through this whole ordeal two months ago when they said I was too small and the ultrasound proved otherwise. Leave it to the mom to stress and the dad to play it cool :) They said the head is down and in position and the placenta is full term, so it's any time now! So I feel a bit like Rachel on FRIENDS when I look at sonogram pictures.... anyone know what episode I'm referring to? Sometimes I just can't "see" it. What I see looks more like an alien.... but I liked this first one because of his chubby cheeks. I can't wait to squeeze 'em!
This one shows his nostrils, haha. My little piggy :)
And we didn't even have to wait for him to be born to make sure he has all his fingers and toes! Well, actually Trav pointed out that this is just one foot. He could have six toes on the other one, sigh. :)
So I've been off work for almost two weeks now and finally feel like my "checklist" is complete. I just need to run to Target to buy the camera I decided on and return some stuff to Hobby Lobby. Also, the nursery is complete, minus one rocking chair and the vinyl lettering I ordered. I just can't post pics til its totally done! The other night I got in bed and took my two prenatal vitamins,washed down by two Tums, applied my chapstick and snuggled in with my body pillow between my legs. Trav had to chuckle at my "routine". I've been feeling pretty good except that after I've been sitting for a while, it takes a few minutes of bent-over hobbling to work it out and walk "normal".
And we didn't even have to wait for him to be born to make sure he has all his fingers and toes! Well, actually Trav pointed out that this is just one foot. He could have six toes on the other one, sigh. :)
So I've been off work for almost two weeks now and finally feel like my "checklist" is complete. I just need to run to Target to buy the camera I decided on and return some stuff to Hobby Lobby. Also, the nursery is complete, minus one rocking chair and the vinyl lettering I ordered. I just can't post pics til its totally done! The other night I got in bed and took my two prenatal vitamins,washed down by two Tums, applied my chapstick and snuggled in with my body pillow between my legs. Trav had to chuckle at my "routine". I've been feeling pretty good except that after I've been sitting for a while, it takes a few minutes of bent-over hobbling to work it out and walk "normal".
So this is random, but here's a pic of what we entertained ourselves with Sunday night. We played Buzz word with some friends, then somehow the guys got into a "wedding ring spinning contest" You can see the trepidation on the guy's faces as they rooted their ring on. Us girls loyally cheered our men on! Not. But we endured the noise without too much complaining :)
Last Wednesday I went to my first SuRpRiSe PaRtY! I naively went to Tiff's house for mutual and opened the door to all the YW shouting Surprise! And I was definitely surprised.
We had lots of yummy treats..
And played some fun games... The girls tried helping me name the baby in one game. They had to come up with one name per letter in the alphabet. Some suggestions included JC Penny and Oreo :) I also got some cute onsies, bibs, a blanket, and lot's of free babysitting coupons! Thanks YW and Tiffany for such a fun night!
Last Wednesday I went to my first SuRpRiSe PaRtY! I naively went to Tiff's house for mutual and opened the door to all the YW shouting Surprise! And I was definitely surprised.
We had lots of yummy treats..
And played some fun games... The girls tried helping me name the baby in one game. They had to come up with one name per letter in the alphabet. Some suggestions included JC Penny and Oreo :) I also got some cute onsies, bibs, a blanket, and lot's of free babysitting coupons! Thanks YW and Tiffany for such a fun night!
16 comments:
OK. You have absolutely NO idea how excited/bummed I am now. Those sonograms are the best ones I've seen because you can actually see the kid!!! even his nostrils are cute, I WANT him :( I guess I'll have to wait til he's a little older to see him.... unless Trav wants to fork out the big bucks and fly his favorite sister in law out there... ???
I didn't think so
but I'm so glad everythings ok my prayers have been answered!! And Leah and I better be the first ones to receive phone calls at 2 in the morning to let us know your on the way to the hospital or there will be consequences ;)
Is he sucking his thumb in the nose shot? So cute! :)
Oh I am so glad your little man is ok! Your sweet mother brought dinner over to me the other night and told me that you were worried about him measuring small. But it turns out he is a champion! We cannot wait for him to get here!
So is his room and name a big fat secret or what? I didn't realize how close you were to delivering. It will be exciting! Can't wait to see him!
I can't believe how soon your D-day is coming...and that means that mine is right around the corner too. I'm glad that your checklist is just about complete and that you are ready for him to come at any time...that's what he was waiting for! You need to post pictures of the nursery, I want to see the finished product!
I'm glad that everything is okay. I have been meaning to call you for a week now. I can't wait. You are in my prayers.
Those pics are great! I can't believe he'll be here any time now. I'm so excited to meet him.
I have to confess, I ask Eric everyday if Travis was at school because I can't wait for you to have him either. Good luck with everything and let me know which day is good to bring you dinner.
I am glad everything is okay, I would have been scared also. I cannot wait to see pictures. Hang in there.
I love the pictures as well!! And Marcie is right!!! You better text, call whatever to let us know you are going to the hospital and soon after he arrives. What sweet YW you have, that was so nice of them to throw a surprise shower!!! Well I'm bummed we are not sharing a birthday but that is ok, he will be here soon enough and it is killing me!!!!!!!!!
you are looking great for being full term. can't wait to see when the little one makes an appearance!
Stephanie, you have NEVER heard of the red hat club? Yes, they are for reals. It's a club where old ladies get together for lunch or an activity and the wear purple shirts and red hats so they stand out. We went to lunch today and they were there so of course I took their picture:) Heather always wanted Tantrum to dress up like them for Halloween. They are cute huh!
We were just thinking about you guys the other day wondering when your little guy was going to get here. So excited, being parents rock!! Also these ultrasounds are my favorite because you can totally see what they look like. (and how squished they are too) :) We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see him.
By the way I totally know what episode you are talking about. I also love the one when she goes into labor and all the other mom's leave before she does. :) gotta love friends!
We were just thinking about you guys the other day wondering when your little guy was going to get here. So excited, being parents rock!! Also these ultrasounds are my favorite because you can totally see what they look like. (and how squished they are too) :) We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see him.
By the way I totally know what episode you are talking about. I also love the one when she goes into labor and all the other mom's leave before she does. :) gotta love friends!
I had your due date programmed into my phone, so I made sure to check your blog once classes were done. :-) Glad to hear the little guy sounds healthy. Let us know which day we can bring you guys dinner too! I'll make some bacon wrap chicken especially for Travis in addition to it ;-).
Those sonograms are pretty good. I'm right there with you in the waiting game! I hope your mom emails us all when you have your baby.
And I'm glad that my husband isn't the only one who insists on taking off his wedding ring and spinning it, or tossing it...he even almost swallowed it once!
Post a Comment