Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Cardinal Sin....

... having a Superbowl party on a Sunday. Well, what other day would it be?! Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a fair weather fan, but we had to show our Arizona pride out here when the Cardinals made it to the Superbowl! There are several other native Arizonans out here, so we invited them and anyone else that would support our Cardinals, over to watch the game. The guys went downstairs so they could focus without the wives distracting them :)

My main concern was the food, of course. Everyone brought yummy treats as you can see...


Don't be jealous, but I had to show off our new deep freezer! Haha, when we ran out of room in the freezer we realized we could store the ice in... well, the ice! Or snow, I guess. :) (Check out the depth- that's at least a foot :(


Camille was awesome and brought a fun cake! (Even though her husband gave her grief over the aesthetic quality :)

Us ladies stayed upstairs to watch the game and visit. (I should have taken a picture!). It was fun to chat, but I was surprised at how into the game I got. During the last touchdown, I lost my head and jumped up out of my seat to scream..... I seriously thought the baby had half dropped out of me. I was much more careful about my cheering after that. Oops. I couldn't believe they lost- but at least they gave them a run for their money. Thanks to everyone that came to party with us! We laughed away our tears afterward with an hour episode of The Office (I know, we are such sinners!) It was HiLaRiOuS! If you don't watch this show, I suggest you repent now, an get on it! :)




5 comments:

Retro Plants said...

the office rocks. the end :)

Retro Plants said...

"that's what he said!"

Paula said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And I am sad to say that I am not a fair weather fan of the Cardinals and I didn't watch the game. I'm glad that they did as well as they did. I am just glad that football is over because that means baseball is right around the corner. Go Diamondbacks!

Leah Martineau said...

HAHAHAH -Retro Plant you are funny!!!

Well I didn't watch the game but you KNOW I watched the Office. Holy funny I loved it. The Jack Black movie thing was stupid and sick but Dwight faking a fire adn everyone running around thinking they were going to die was the best. Michael throwing the projector out the window =) I could go on and on =)

Shelley Goodman said...

Hope the dip turned out. I told Casey that you were making it and he got pretty jealous. The game was good, I actually watched it. I guess I should have watched the office too.