Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

Well the Valentine's festivities started Friday night with the ward party. They had lots of good treats and even some dancing! The video I took was of one line dance that I thought was hilarious. It almost looks more like a cardio routine, and for some reason, "old" people dancing like this is so funny to me. (Rach- you aren't included in the "old" category! :)
Here are the Shaw's showin' us up!
You've heard of the youth being told to keep it "a Book of Mormon" apart? Well, a baby belly does the trick too.
Trav found it easier to just dance with my protruding appendage.
On actual Valentine's day, Trav and I both woke up pretty sick. We had been fighting it for a few days, but it finally got the best of us. Thus, a morning in bed was deemed necessary. Although, we got up enough energy to make it to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Delicious! Trav got my favorite: Chicken stuffed tortillas and I got the Navajo Taco. My mouth is watering all over again! Here are my presents... The book is one that was recommended in our birthing class about how to calm a crying baby. I was SO excited for my rain boots! I've been stylin' some pretty cute moon boots this winter. :) And then Buzz Word will be a nice addition to our game collection! Thanks babe!
I decided on giving Trav a week's worth of surprises, each tucked into his backpack. On Monday, I cut his sandwich into a heart and left a note... On Tuesday, he got his favorite candy bar, Toblerone and an N'SYNC valentine! (He was so excited =)

On Wednesday he got a box of chocolates...
On Thursday he got a mailbox full of his favorite heart-shaped cookies- Snickerdoodles.... and Friday's gift will not be shared! :) Our last gift for ourselves is a camera, but we can't decide on a good one. Any suggestions!!!! I want one that recovers quickly after taking a picture, so it's ready to take another one fast. We just aren't sure what brand or style is best... help!

Saturday night we were invited to a V-day party thrown by Crescent and Dave. We had a delicious "Thanksgiving" dinner and lots of good V-day candy and treats! (Crescent is due just a couple weeks after me with another girl! )

Here's the whole gang.


During dinner we were each given two words that we had to develop into a poem to read for everyone. Here is Doug, delivering his poem in a rap. Trav's two words were: snoring and hot. His poem went as follows:
Sitting through class that's oh so boring...
Trying to pay attention over Jacob's snoring...
I picture my hot wife, and my thoughts turn to scoring!
Needless to say, my face was bright red with embarrassment. Luckily, he wasn't the only husband who had a unique imagination. His poem wasn't even the "worst" of the night!

Then we played some really fun games, like the Newlywed Game and tried to win some sexy prizes! Katie was SO excited her husband picked out a book from the stack of presents! Not such a bad book after all! :)

We played a game where you try to unwrap and eat a piece of candy with just your mouths. Not our best sport, apparently! We had such a fun time with everyone. Thanks so much Crescent and Dave for a great night!


8 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

What a fun Valentines Party!!! I love that so many of you get together all the time!!! Ok Freaky alert. Shaun and I went to Cheesecake Factory for Valentines day to (the week before valentines but none the less) Shaun got the stuffed tortilla things and I got a Navajo Taco!! We really are to much alike =) ok cute mama I can't wait, your little man will be here sooner than you know!!!!!! keep texting me!!

Adam and Jess said...

I had a lot to catch up on after "dropping off the face of the earth". Your belly is adorable and I'm so excited for your for the next few weeks to come. You're dental class looks like they have a party for every occasion, how fun. We were cheering for the Cardinals too but not really out loud, because the Steelers fans here are a LITTLE INTENSE.

Kristi said...

How awesome! You have the coolest parties! I heard the Rebel is a good camera. I think it's a Cannon. My sister and one of my brothers have one and they take awesome pictures and have lots of features. Your belly is so cute. Good luck with the baby. I'm so excited for you to be a mommy. Take advantage of those sleep in days now!

RaCHeL said...

So I'm really glad that the video is dark & you can't really tell who is who. :) Good times!

Chase and Shalyse Rogers said...

Hey mama! Your baby belly is so cute. :) That book you got is awesome it has some really awesome advice, I got the video from a friend. Your willing to try just about anything to get your baby to sleep longer. About the cameras If you are wanting to stay on the cheaper side and just want a point-and-shoot camera, I would recommend Kodak they are super user friendly and I have never had any problems and they last forever. If you are willing to spend more and want professional looking pictures, I would go with the SLR Canon Rebel Or the Nikon D90. They both take AMAZING pictures but the down side is the slr cameras are pretty bulky compared to the point-and-shoot. I been researching about them cause my camera crapped out on me this past week. :( I'm so excited for you guys! Your baby is almost here!

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crescent said...

We're so glad you guys could come to the party...I'm glad you kept Travis' poem--I wish we would have written down more of them, there were some pretty good ones! Oh and do you know what is up with your last comment (Joy Risa?) I got a very similar one from her and I have no idea who she is....kinda weird.

jake and jenni said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are such a cute prego lady!!!! Where did you find Nsync valentines...I want to put one in my spice girl planner!