So we have had some pretty nasty weather this past week and I saw on my friend's blog that she posted the National Weather Service warnings, and I thought that was a good idea for our friends and family to see back home! Hope ya don't mind Crescent! :)
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM FRIDAY TO 12 NOON FRIDAY.
WIND CHILLS ARE EXPECTED TO DIP TO 20 TO 25 BELOW ZERO FROM LATE TONIGHT INTO MIDDAY FRIDAY.
A WIND CHILL WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN WINDS COMBINE WITH COLD TEMPERATURES TO CREATE DANGEROUSLY COLD CONDITIONS FOR EXPOSED SKIN. THOSE PLANNING TO VENTURE OUTDOORS SHOULD USE COMMON SENSE AND DRESS WARMLY.
I took this picture on my way to work last Thursday ( I actually got to go in at 7:45am so it was light outside!) I thought the trees looked really pretty!
Trav was in the mood for a tongue piercing :) We have ice on top of snow on top of ice out here! It hasn't melted once since we got back from AZ!
Trav handed me an icicle, that I would've loved to suck on, had it not been water from our roof! :) This past weekend was heinous! I've never felt cold like I did on Friday. It felt like it was biting your skin off! The weather has been around 20 degrees for a couple of days and we joke that we should break out the shorts!
Ok, on to some more random happenings of the past two weeks...
1. Napping
Not that I get these too often, but Trav thinks I sleep funny, and thus decided to document a nap I was having. I dunno... it's comfortable! :)
2. Studying
I don't know if it counts as studying when you and your friends get on the web cam and and screw around with the view, cracking jokes.....
Trav was in the mood for a tongue piercing :) We have ice on top of snow on top of ice out here! It hasn't melted once since we got back from AZ!
Trav handed me an icicle, that I would've loved to suck on, had it not been water from our roof! :) This past weekend was heinous! I've never felt cold like I did on Friday. It felt like it was biting your skin off! The weather has been around 20 degrees for a couple of days and we joke that we should break out the shorts!
Ok, on to some more random happenings of the past two weeks...
1. Napping
Not that I get these too often, but Trav thinks I sleep funny, and thus decided to document a nap I was having. I dunno... it's comfortable! :)
2. Studying
I don't know if it counts as studying when you and your friends get on the web cam and and screw around with the view, cracking jokes.....
3. Dougie's birthday
We enjoyed wings at Duff's and cake and icecream at the Shaw's. Doug benefited from a slow postal system and got one of the remote control helicopters that we ordered for Christmas, but didn't come until Jan. 5!
4. Obama, Obama, Obama, ... sat on a llama, a llama, a lama,... where was his momma, his momma, his momma...! Haha, if you don't get that, then you haven't heard the story about my 5th graders making up a song about the new president. You'll have to ask me to sing it sometime :)
I just had to take a picture today of my coworkers crowded around the cubicle of the only person who was able to get the CNN live coverage of the inauguration. So yes, I watched it, and I'm just glad no shooters got in and it all went well, minus his slip ups on the oath. :) I was not at all jealous of the masses of freezing people. Kinda reminded me of an experience... :)
I'm not posting pics yet, but we spent the weekend FINALLY getting ready for this little guy to come! We painted the nursery, did some shopping and got a play pen/bassinet. It's starting to feel more real now and I'm getting excited! Also, getting extremely big! I really don't remember what it was like to be thin or a non-pregnant person. Sigh. Anyway, when we get the crib done and some decor up, I'll post some pics!
6 comments:
Ha ha, I remember looking at girls and thinking, "I wonder what it feels like to not have to wear maternity clothes." Well, you'll know soon enough! (Actually you probably aren't even IN maternity clothes!
I know what you mean! Sometimes I look at my friends and think... was I ever that skinny? I can hardly wait to see pictures of your nursery... I am sure it will be the cutest thing ever... My kids are not that lucky... They just got painted walls and crib decor... nothing really on the walls... Hmmm... I guess I am just not creative!
How fun that you are getting ready for the baby! And I am so jealous of your trip to NYC, although the freezing cold doesn't sound fun! I remember how cold it was when I lived there, and I can't imagine standing outside for that long. And being pregnant! You are amazing!
I'm sorry that it is soooo cold there and here we are having a heat wave, almost to the 80's. I can hardly wait to see your nursery pics, I can hardly wait to see the little guy. Any names yet?
This wind chill needs to cease. . . we do not leave the house (only on necessary jonts like Target :) because Target is always necessary! I have never felt cold like this in my life. . . and i grew up in the snow capital of the U.S.!
p.s. i hate the cold :)
p.s.s. you do sleep in a funny way! cute!
p.s.s.s. the baby will be here before you know it. . . and you look wonderful! i always blow up like a balloon when pregnant. . . you look fantastic!
I always enjoy your posts! I love the napping photo. It looks like you are faking. :) The baby's room will come together before you know it & so will the little guy! XOXO
Post a Comment