Thursday, January 22, 2009

Glückwünsche! (Or congrats in English :)

Today is the big day for my little brother and his new wife, Jael! They were married civily yesterday (Swiss law) and were sealed in the Switzerland temple today. My parents flew out for the event, but sadly the rest of us poor and pregnant folk couldn't make it. Ironically enough, they met in Boise, ID (Jael was born and raised in Switzerland) and have dated for over a year. They will be living in Switzerland for the next two years while she finishes medical school and then... who knows?! I am excited to have a new sister-in-law, even if we won't be seeing a whole lot of each other for a while! I hope everything goes well for you two- we love and miss you!

7 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Crazy how love can take you across the world! :)

marcie said...

bahahahahahahaha
I don't know why but just with the music and everything I couldn't stop laughing at this post... and it wasn't intended to be funny.... maybe because I just walked in the door from work and am still on a high from all the hair color chemicals but hooray we founda girl willing to take him :) haha cute cute

Leah Martineau said...

Yeah for the newlyweds!!! Sort of weird that this is the first cousin wedding no one was a part of!!! But what can you do right!!! I love your previous post. You are the best at documents random things about day to day life so I feel not so far away from you =) I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BABY ROOM!!!!! Post soon please!!!! Yes I sat all Tuesday morning and watched the whole New President thing. Ryker was at preschool, Amelia was sleeping that is when I'm usually cleaning but I watched the whole thing!!!! Oh well. Ok have a great weekend!!!

Adam and Jess said...

Stinks that none of you were able to see it but like you said, you're poor dental students, what do you do? It's unreal how cold it must be there right now. Luckily you've got a little extra weight to keep you warm, I know mine sure has helped me.

Shelley Goodman said...

Fer real's...love the wedding march song, so appropriate:) So do you think we will ever make it out there? Crappy thing is probably not.

TahneeJeanne said...

That scared me to death as soon as that music came on! My specker was on the max point! I thought my computer was doing something it shouldn't, but then I read your gluckwunsche caption. luv ya
-Tahnee

Kristi said...

Holy Cow! Switzerland! That's amazing! Have you seen the pictures of the ice at Lake Leman? google it! It's so bizarre.