So Trav and I went to our local polling station, the fire station, to vote. There were four, ancient, metal booths. Trav went first and left with a confused look on his face. My turn. I enter and suddenly feel like the wizard on The Wizard of OZ. I think I spent a full minute just looking at it. You can't see in the picture, but there is a big lever on the bottom. After pulling down the switches for the people you vote for, you pull the lever and it "submits" your vote and opens the curtains. I couldn't resist taking a picture for everyone back home in AZ. Not sure if that was a kosher thing to do though....
The most disappointing part was that we didn't get our hard earned sticker! They weren't even handing them out!!! Now what's that all about New York???!!
While the polls aren't looking good, I still hope for the best! Whatever the outcome, I am grateful to live in the USA!

5 comments:
What?! No stickers in New York? That's the best part! You look super cute with your {tiny} belly! Isn't feeling them move the best? You guys are such party animals over there! Looks like fun!
Hmm... I think I would feel a little overwhelmed with that big thing in there... even though it looks pretty self explanitory... Sorry they did not give you a sticker... Dave did not wear his... ;)
I might have to actually copy your entire post b/c we had the exact same experience!!! :) I honestly thought I was going to have to poke my head out of the curtains & ask for help. Ha ha! Hope you had a good 1st day of work!
no stickers is the most disappointing thing i've ever heard. although, myron & i were kinda laughing at ourselves for how excited we were to get them when we voted! ya know: 'cause we might have been more excited than chloe/our 2 year old.
okay: and seriously...you are the tiniest thing i've ever seen. we are {pretty} close in our pregnancies...and let me just tell you...i've been hittin' up the maternity pants for weeks now. {you're adorable.} the end. (:
Hahaha, I think you guys are hilarious for taking a picture of the ghetto booths! Thanks for the party and I love that picture of Travis and Lily!
Post a Comment