Monday, November 10, 2008

Todo, we're not in Arizona anymore.

I know what you're thinking, "man, she can make an ugly face! Why would a person post that on her blog?" Well, I just wanted you to see the full effect that snow has on me.

This was the scene I left this morning as I headed off to work. I could hear the tires crunch on the snow as I pulled out of our driveway. A very disconcerting sound to a native Arizonian.

Also disconcerting is the fact that we own neither snow shovel or salt. In fact, what you see below is our food storage. :( We went to a prepardness (is that a word?) night at our church a few weeks back and I realized that we may need more than just a 72 hour kit. Don't worry, this is just the beginning!

Our water supply and backpack of food for 72 hours... Hey at least I've started something!! :)

So you may be confused about my statement above "on my way to work". Yes, I got a job. It's for real this time. As much as I may want to quit, I believe I'll be sticking this one out until the baby comes. I work in Amherst for a company called Bureau Veritas. It's an international company that basically does product testing for retail stores such as Costco, Target, Home Depot, etc. I have the grand privilege of sitting in a cubicle all day, converting files on the computer to a new database. Thrilling, I know. My neck and back have showed their enthusiasm by aching. Someone please remind me why I wanted a job so bad. Just three more months.....


2 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

SNOW!!!!!!!! Oh boy that came quick for you guys. I thought you had a few more weeks.

So yeah a jar of peanut butter will last you a few days.. protein right?? =) I'm really working on our food storage as well. It is a work in progress.

Yeah for the boring job that leaves you aching all day.

Do you have the list for me yet??? Or a number???

So sorry for the choppy comments =) Leah

Shelley Goodman said...

Hmm, good luck with that. Should you be allowed to drive in snow? Why don't you just work in some clothing store and get a discount for 3 months instead fileing(I know I spelled that wrong) Maybe you can send some winter weather our way... it's freakin 82 degrees today.