Here is my cubicle. I always thought it would be fun to have one for some reason. I don't know why... like your own little space all to yourself. I guess that must have been when I was living at home and still sharing a room, because a cubicle is really no fun. Really.
And here is what I drove through to get to my no fun cubicle. Everyone at work was anxious to know how my drive went this morning. This is what they call a "dusting". I call it unnecessary. They say the real fun is when you don't use an ice scraper to get the snow off your windshield, you use a broom. Luckily we have a garage (this is the view from the garage), but now I want one of those remote-start things so it can be warming up while I eat my breakfast!
Don't ask me why I pulled out my camera while taking a turn on the off-ramp of the freeway, but I just had to document my first real time driving in snow! Unfortunately the battery died seconds after I started the video. I had the radio turned off so I could intermittedly pray and talk to myself while driving. You know, " It's ok, it's ok, you can do it, go real slow, almost there...
type stuff. I'm pathetic, I know.
type stuff. I'm pathetic, I know.
15 comments:
I love your cubicle! You need to put some pics up on the wall or something. Also, I'm really glad this was just a "dusting" so that you can slowly get use to the snow. If Buff is anything like Utah, it gets worse! :0 Oh joy!
I always wondered what it would be like to drive in the snow... I hope this is an easy winter for you guys, has your baby heater kicked in yet?
Ok how is it setting record high heat in AZ and "dusting" where you are. Seriously crazy!! How about, i'll try and send you a little heat to melt the snow and you send me a tiny bit of the cold to bring us to the 70's not the 80's. Deal!!!
So yeah you need to hang some pictures up of your favorite cousin that will brightin' any cubical. But I know what you mean, I have always wanted a cubical of my own as well =) so I'm so excited to be seeing you in like a MONTH!!
You never answered me about the blog list thing on the side!!
Glad you got to work safely! I'm really paranoid about driving in snow as well. I only have about 3 times in my life... the 3rd time was last night going to the store.
You know when I moved to Minnesota I was really nervous my firsty year... Now it is no big thing... Just take it easy and watch out for the crazies and you should be fine! Oh and I would suggest getting used to it because it will get worse as the winter progresses... sorry! :) Also, cube life is not so bad if you make it your own... a few decorations and you will feel better about it. :)
I have only driven in snow a few times, and I was not a fan, but my cousins drive in it all the time and think nothing of it, so I am sure you will be a pro in no time. How are you feeling?
a dusting?? a dusting!!?? no... thats a blizzard in my world...i remember the time it snowed in mesa and we drove to the waffle house parking lot to play in it! And i thought that was a good amount of snow.. you're in for quite a treat this winter :) haha good luck!
Nice video, I'm surprised you filmed while driving! Your office is like a 2 minute drive from our house. You should come over on your lunch break some time, I finally got a phone so I'll give you my number the next time I see you.
Sad, but I kinda chuckled at Shelley's comment. I thought we were cold, but you have more snow. I think it's snowed everyday this week for us. I'm scared to drive in it too. By the way, your tummy just looks like you ate a big meal. The joys of being tall.
Having a remote starter installed in my car is the best thing I have done since moving to Buffalo. And I have done a lot.
Hey, why you be erasing my comments?
So I want to know what Shelley said??????
Wow, I'm with you girl! I would be praying *out loud* the entire time! It is pretty though, I'll give it that.
Cute blog!!
Isn't real life just so much fun...NOT...cubicles, work, snow, house cleaning...wow...if you only knew what you were signing up for when you grew up...well...it looks like you are adjusting and these will all become memories that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
You look GREAT!!...Love you tons,
Post a Comment