Monday, September 14, 2009

Going Private!

Tomorrow!
So if you're a blog stalker (like me!) and haven't already left your email address, please do so now :)
[And all those that had asked to be invited the first time- don't worry about it, I have your emails saved.]
Sooooo, on to the next thing that's been on my mind... t.v! I'll admit it, I've been eagerly anticipating the new fall line up. Summer shows are lame (I'm talking to you America's Got Talent), and those fall previews have done their job. I'm hooked. But as I've flipped through the channels the past month and not seen anything worthy of my time, I've discovered I can actually get quite a bit done when not sitting in front of the boob tube. Lest I mislead you, I really wouldn't consider myself a couch potato, but I do enjoy an entertaining reality show at night with Collin asleep and a melting bowl of ice cream in my hands. Please refer to Exhibit A.
Exhibit A :)

It's my night time guilty pleasure. I finally started buying the tubs of icecream instead of those dinky half gallon jokes. We only had company three times and yet we finished this one off in two weeks. And my heart rate truly escalated when I realized the chocolate syrup was running out before the vanilla goodness was fully drenched. And most embarrassingly, it wasn't until I uploaded this picture that I saw my lonely vegetables in the background. I'll tell ya, sometimes it's rough being an adult and making YOURSELF eat all your vegetables.
Which leads me to my next contemplation. As I've thought about all the fun shows coming up, I realized I need to set a limit. I should probably just pick one show a night. Ok, maybe two. And one of those was most definitely going to be Glee. The previews were hilarious. I watched the premier and found myself dancing in my seat. Then Trav and I watched the second episode. You really couldn't even call them sexual innuendos. Maybe just nuendos? It was pretty crude.
Growing up there were certain shows that were not allowed at my house. Rozanne, 90210, FRIENDS..... Big no nos. Don't ask me how Baywatch slipped through the cracks. One of our favs. Maybe our parents just really thought it was about lifeguarding. ANYWAY, you grow up, move out, get married and suddenly you're your OWN censor. And yes, FRIENDS became my friends. I get why it was on the "black list" and maybe I should have been stronger, but now we have Desperate Housewives, Dollhouse, Two and Half Men, etc etc. And I don't even KNOW what's on cable. I can't even begin to comprehend all the smut (yes, smut) that's on prime time. So where do you draw the line? I guess I'm going to start with Glee. (Blasted dirty writers! It had such potential)
On a more positive note, I am absolutely ADDICTED to Shark Tank. I find it so interesting, no- fascinating... maybe entrancing? Kevin is such a typical dirt bag billionaire. He seems so unhappy. Robert on the other hand, has a heart. I love watching them go head to head.
Also, Jay Leno starts tonight. Way excited for that. And I can't give up on So You Think You Can Dance, or The Office (heaven forbid). AND Trav just started getting into watching the Glenn Beck show online. So here's what I'm thinkin. I limit it to one show a night and we catch up online on our Friday and Saturday nights. Collin's in bed and it's supposed to be our "us time". Sigh. I think this might work. :)

27 comments:

jake and jenni said...

jnw1121@hotmail.com... we got rid of tv at our house...well the tv is still there, but the channels don't work. I feel so much more productive and I don't miss it...except for So you think you can dance. One show a day is good. Also, I thought Babewatch was on the naughty list...or was it Hangin' with Mr. Cooper? Good thing we knew how to get around the MTV block when Nsync was on.

RaCHeL said...

Good luck with the tv show limitations! :) ha ha! I get sucked into way too many myself. Let me know how it goes & maybe i'll give it a try. I want some ice cream now too!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Im not sure if i asked to keep reading or not. so if i didn't put me on the list!

Denyse said...

Thanks for reminding me of whats on tonight...how do you keep track?? You must have a subscription to the tv guide, thats it!! Don't forget to email me an invite.

kandis said...

i'd love to keep reading
klr1319@hotmail.com

Tasha said...

Oh man I'm SO excited for the return of shows too, although I have to watch them all online. I guess that keeps me from over vegging :)

Tiffany said...

Oh my! I'm glad I checked. I think i gave you my email... but i'm not sure. I want to be invited!

Kimi said...

Okay, I admit I'm a blog stalker. I'm Travis' cousin and I found your blog on his parent's blog. We live in Massachusetts if you ever want to come visit and tour Boston. We have plenty of room! massmartins@gmail.com

Natalie said...

I have to limit what I watch too. We don't have TV but everything is on-line now-a-days. Somedays I do really well and other days hmmmmm.... so sad.

Karen said...

Add me please me to the list please karen.reddin@gmail.com. I love Collin's six months pictures I think you did a great job. You sure do have a cute kid.

Joy said...

I don't know if you remember me but I am Heather Hatch's little sister, you guys used to come over to play at my grandma Aycock's house way back when we were little.

Anyway, I'm a blog stalker. Would you mind if I continue stalking your blog from time to time :)?

joy.albrecht@gmail.com

Erin said...

ryleezmom@gmail.com
I know how it feels with the no tv, but now i just go watch them on the internet instead lol :)

Lisa G. Hogle said...

Don't forget me lhogle@gmail.com

Kristi said...

Good luck with the tv plan. I've had to limit myself too. I love shows like Big Bang THeory and Heroes, but they are both on at the same time. Sorry BBT, Heroes trumps. Then there's Vampire Diaries that I've decided I'll watch until something happens like Glee (I'm totally with you, it had such potential). I can't stay away from Smallville or Ghost Whisperer, even though GW scares me so much I change the channel for a couple minutes until that part is over. (I know, I'm a wuss) I think I decided to stop there and be productive on other nights. If there's nothing good on, why turn on the tv?

The Beyer Family said...

I too am a stalker - hope you don't mind. I found your blog linked to one of my friends blog and love catching up on Collin's progess (I have a Colin too!) Would you mind including me? kymmc3@yahoo.com

Paula said...

Isn't it interesting how you flushed out so many blog stalkers! I didn't know my niece Kimi stalked you. If you ever get a chance take her up on her offer. She a really nice person. And I hope you include me.

Holly Garvin said...

hollsbabe@msn.com

Ryan and Megan said...

I definitely want in on your blog! megboyack@gmail.com

Lauren and Jason said...

totally send me an invite! laurenjpatty@hotmail.com

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...

I still want to blogstalk please... kalieborynski@gmail.com

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

montague.family@gmail.com

Shannon said...

I would love to keep reading! :)
aandslentz@hotmail.com

tracee oliver said...

i found your blog one day and enjoyed reading especially since your LDS...i've been meeting with missionaries and its just nice to hear you talk about how great the church is so if you dont mind adding me that would be great...traceeoliver@gmail.com

The Richardsons said...

Darn it! I hate being mature and having to cut out GLEE, too! I wanted to love it. And...us AZ cousins want to make the "private" cut. randyjenny@hotmail.com

Melissa Nielsen said...

melisfun@hotmail.com, I hope its not too late.

Leah Martineau said...

So I didn't watch the teaser Glee had but knew everyone liked it so I was planning on watching it as well but I'm glad you told me it was naughty so I won't even bother with it =) I'm worried about The Offices new season. They sure cross the line alot and I will DIE if I have to stop watching that. I'm surprised how many people don't have TVs good for them but I'm a Fox News junkie so I'll never not have a TV. =) Love that Glenn Beck and of course my real love....ORiellly. I don't think I have your email address I would like it, so we can have some private conversations.