Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sold

Last weekend we sold our house. It was an exciting, happy moment, filled with relief. We got a little under what we were asking for it, but also a little more than we originally paid, so we are happy. Who am I kidding, we are ECSTATIC. However, I haven't allowed myself to feel completely at ease. I mean, until the closing date, it's not a done deal. The inspection went well, but I can't help but fear something else will come up to ruin things. Knock on wood!
I also {Facebooked} the buyer. I had pictured a cute couple. Wondered if they had kids or not. I was not expecting the slightly hardened looking individual glaring back at me in a tank top, arms crossed. He's from New York, but currently lives in Rochester. Appears to be single, no kids. Given the interests he had listed on his info page, I wouldn't guess we'd become fast friends. More like, if I saw him on a dark street, I turn and hustle the other way. I don't know why it kind of bothers me. It shouldn't matter who buys our house. I know houses don't have feelings, but to me they kind of do! And I LOVE our house! I want a cute little family to move in and plant tomatoes in our garden that we failed at. I would love for another baby to come right in and and sleep under the "Twinkle, twinkle little star" vinyl lettering. I highly doubt Tough Guy will hang Easter eggs from the front tree or have Family Home Evening in the living room. And such is life, I suppose. But it feels a lot like leaving your loved one to a stranger with bad intentions. 


Our closing date is May 15. Trav graduates on May 12. If all his New Mexico licensing paperwork goes through fine, he should be working by June 1. Lots of changes coming up!
Side Note: I have spent WEEKS trying to find a wreath for the front door. (I read something in the real estate pamphlets about having a nice wreath on the front door for showings.) I tried every store I could think of and couldn't find anything that wasn't either hideous or ridiculously expensive. Trav thought it was a little silly to be persuing something that didn't really matter... and I understood where he was coming from, but I kept looking and finally found this last week! I teasingly told him to just watch... we would sell the house to the people who came on our next showing once the wreath was hung up. And guess what? We did. :)
(Because, of course, Mr. New York was a smitten kitten when he saw it.)




3 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

Houses so have feelings! Maybe your cute house will soften up Mr. Tuff stuff. But like you said, you sold the house so that is a huge blessing. Who knows, maybe the person that bought the Shaws is a single lady and Mr.Tuff goes out walking and bumps into her and they meet and fall in love and have babies and your house has a family after all:)

Karen said...

I am so happy for you guys and excited you will be a little closer in a few months.

jake and jenni said...

I am still lol-ing about calling mr. NY a "smitten kitten" over the wreath.
I think like you and would have searched high and low for the "perfect wreath" to sell the house... only to find out that he probably liked that he could fit his harley in the family room. :)
Girls!
Congrats on selling. That is fantastic! Fingers crossed that everything goes the way it does in your head!!