Thursday, February 12, 2009

INTRODUCING......

DIR-TY! That's pronounced "Dear-Tay". Yes, I name my cars. It runs in the family. My mom's suburbans have successively been named, Old Nelly, Michelle, Celeste, and last but not least, Sharon. (That happens to be my mom's name). We roll our eyes, but we admit it's endearing. Well, we have owned this Pathfinder for a few years and I never could think of the right name. After enduring this Buffalo winter, he is now appropriately named Dirty. (Yes, I stole it from Joe Dirt) Now, don't you worry, our car definitely fits in around here. A major casualty of snow is disgusting cars. You just can't help it. He did get a bath last Saturday when the temp. warmed up and rain finally started washing away the snow. Of course, then we drove to Palmyra later that day and his namesake came back to haunt us. :)

On to more Buffaloness... (is that a word?) When we first flew out here to look for a home, our mortgage guy told us of Buffalo's pride and joy when it comes to Mexican food..... The Mighty Taco. Trav and I exchanged looks. Did he just say, Mighty Taco? Well, as much as Trav wanted to go all four years without succumbing to East Coast immitation Mexican food, I made him try it last weekend.

He's smiling for the "before" shot, but he was not impressed with his burrito. I personally don't mind it. I guess the meat drips with grease, but I just get a plain bean burro. Oh, well, we tried. Taco Bell wins.

Valentine's Package!
Yesterday, we got a package in the mail!!! Woohoo! Trav's mom has two other children on missions so we seem to luck out and get holiday packages along with the missionaries. For Christmas she sent a box full of her famous caramel corn. Trav had barely opened the box when I snatched the corn away from him and chowed down. SO GOOD!!!

Well, our Valentine's package was sure not to disappoint! I got some awesome furry slippers and extra long socks! We also got some yummy treats and a gift card to the movies. This time, it was the Cinnamon Bears that I snatched out of Trav's hands and started devouring. Oh my gosh.... SO GOOD!! It's only been a day and the bag is half gone. I'm appropriately ashamed of myself. Thank you Paula for a great surprise!!!

Wait a SeCoNd! Time for a close up! Yes, what you are seeing is not an illusion. Travis decided he missed AZ so much that he would start growing his own cactus. Sigh. Men are funny. My Freudian conclusion was that I was just getting too much attention with my large belly and he needed the spotlight for a while. :) Good news... after two weeks of scratchiness, the intruder is gone!!! In my book, a clean shaven husband = happy wife! :) I guess I will admit though, beard and all, I still think he's the cutest looking guy around!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I like the name for you car. So how are you doing? Do you have any names for the baby yet? We miss you.

Jacob and Katie said...

I've got your blog on red alert to see the new baby pics, and got so giddy when I saw the title, "Introducing..."Oh, you are a tease for sure. Jacob brought home a mighty taco the other day and we weren't too blown away either. Hope you are hanging in there!

Stephanie Allen said...

Holy Crap! I just realized you only have 15 days left until your due date... Time is flying!!! Baby Evans on the way!!!

Leah Martineau said...

Yeah my car looks like that all the time =) So what did the Dr say? You never text me about it. I'm so excited and I'm STILL waiting to see pictures. And Sorry Trav as manly as men may feel with a beard I also prefer a smooth face =) Oh and thanks because now i'm craving a burrito and it is 11:30 at night!!

Paula said...

I'm glad Trav got rid of the "red" prickles on his face. I like my "boys" to be clean shaven but for some reason they like to grow scruff every once in awhile, except Trav never succumbed before. We are waiting patiently for Towaga to make an appearance.

Megan said...

You are so cute! That is so sweet of your mother-in-law. It is so fun to get stuff in the mail! I enjoyed this post!

marcie said...

Yeah and Grizzly Adams had a beard.... Grizzly Adams did have a beard! haha I hope you know what movie thats from. Sorry trav I'm not quite diggin it, your just a clean shavin guy :) I love your cars name thats pretty funny I just watched joe dirt for the first time 2 weeks ago!

ITS ALMOST BABY TIME!!!! YAY!!!!!!

I want to be there :(

Leah Martineau said...

update with nursery pictures