Saturday, March 28, 2009

So Precious!

I finally GET IT!
I will check other people's blogs, and if they have kids, their posts almost always consist of just pics of their kids. I find myself thinking, "Yes, your child is pretty cute, but could you branch out a little on your subject matter!" :) Well, I may have just joined the club. It's contagious.
*
Our friend, Megan Shaheen, just started a photography business and does an amazing job. So Monday night we went over to her house for a little photo shoot. Collin did sooo good. He doesn't much like being naked (I think it's because of the warmth factor) so I didn't anticipate him tolerating the naky pics for long. He lasted about an hour and half before the poor guy had HAD IT! I can't believe we got past 10 min. They had their thermostat at 70 and two space heaters on him. She had the pictures edited and ready by the next day. Here are some of our favorites....
*
The men in my life. :) This may be my favorite picture. It's one of those "moment in time" type photos. I'm pretty smitten. A smitten kitten. :)




Gotta love that face! I laugh every time I see this pic!





We call this our "baby Jesus" picture :)





Look what the stork brought us!

I love the look he's giving me. It's like, "Uh, whatcha doing to me mom? I'm not so sure about this!"
So our little guy is now two weeks old. I'll be honest, the first week was HaRd! Travis was on Spring Break, and it was SOOO nice to have him home. The first night I didn't sleep at all. He just wanted to eat all the stinkin' time! Poor guy was probably starving. My milk came in the next day and life started getting easier. I think a pacifier rates right up there with the epideral on the "amazing invention" scale. He just loves to suck on something. Travis is such a good dad. He had never changed a diaper before this, but he jumped right in and was changing "stinky pants" the first day. He saw me swaddling Collin, and wanted me to teach him how to do it too. He would take Collin in the middle of the night and try to calm him for as long as he could so I could catch a few hours of sleep. He's always so willing to help and so loving. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. I have absolutely loved being a mom. It's even better than I imagined. I love staring at his face and watching all his different expressions. I love dressing him (even though he doesn't fit into anything! Even the "newborn" size clothes are big on him!) I love kissing on him and feeding him. He now will sleep a few hours at night, wake up to be fed, then go back to sleep for a few more hours, so I'm actually sleeping at night! It's been great! I have such a sweet "love-a-bug"! So, yes, I think I've officially joined the club :)

28 comments:

Crescent said...

I absolutely LOVE all of those pictures!! Megan did such a good job...we had our photo shoot with her today and I can't wait to see all of the pictures. I was just thinking how fast the past two weeks have gone...they grow up too fast don't they? I'm glad to hear that you are now getting a little bit of sleep at night, it makes such a huge difference!

Betzy said...

Gorgeous pictures! Funny how we take sleep for granted until we're parents then we realize just how precious a few hours of sleep really are. Oh and welcome to the "it's all about baby" blog club! :-D

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

He is so adorable Stephanie!!! My goodness. He really is so perfect! so so cute congratulations!

kandis said...

WAY cute! He's so adorable!

It won't be long until you are thinking I can't believe he fit into these newborn clothes! And I hear ya the binki and epidural 2 very awesome inventions!!

Kristi said...

Yeah, welcome to the club! I'm glad you put pictures up. He's so cute.

Paula said...

Finally! Pictures of my adorable grandson. Your friend did an amazing job. I loved them all. What a darling sweet little baby. My arms are longing to hold him.

Mindi Blake said...

Steph, he's just beautiful. So tiny. The photos are very fun and will always be precious. What a cute family!

Heather said...

I love the pictures :) He is so precious! Congrats! I can't wait for my little boy to come, you just made me so excited!

Megan said...

you are so cute! You guys are the cutest parents! Isn't it so fun to see your husband be a daddy! I love it!

Karen said...

Yea! I have been waiting for an update. He is soooooo cute I cannot wait to see him in person one of these days. I love the pictures, you have such a cute family. I hope you start getting more sleep soon, that is always hard.

Hiatt Family said...

That last picture is way too funny. :) You got so many great pics at that photo shoot! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you are getting a little bit of sleep too!

Jacob and Katie said...

Great pics! I was so impressed how good of a daddy Travis was to Collin at the hospital when he'd cradle the little guy and keep his toes warm :-). My heart just melted the way you too looked at him. That's going to be one loved baby!

Stephanie Allen said...

I am so excited to see you did another post of your little guy. I was hoping you would put on up before I went into the hospital to have Delilah... So thanks! Great timing! He is seriously cute! I am glad things are calming down and you are getting sleep. I know the first week is pretty tuff... it gets a little easier every day... will most days! Ha Ha! Have fun and enjoy every moment with him! We love you guys!

M Evans said...

Wow you guys have one cute kid. (but then how could he not be with parents like he has, right?) I really loved the pictures, can I come out and have a photo shoot with her after numero cuatro is born? Seriously, ask her, she did a great job.

Stephanie said...

Steph...those pictures are amazing! He is so adorable. I bet you are the BEST little mom. I am really sooo happy for you and Travis!

Tasha said...

Wow! Megan did a fantastic job! Collin is so adorable and his personality shines through those photos :) All three of you look so great and happy!

Lisa G. Hogle said...

SOOO Beautiful! You all look so sweet, those are such precious moments. The pictures are so amazing, they capture so much emotion. I can't wait to see and hold him. I know you and Travis and great parents!

call me K said...

These are beautiful. Maybe the best new baby family photos I have ever seen. He is super cute.
Hey and I really appreciate you having your husband bring the book. Sorry someone beat you to it. I woulda called but your number in directory is not working.
I am so glad you are loving motherhood. This mewborn stage is so precious and so short.

Sean & Kendra said...

Collin sure is cute...oh, handsome!! You guys are such an adorable family!! What GORGEOUS pictures! Megan did such a great job!

TahneeJeanne said...

Mrs. Evans, I am so happy for you! Collin is so so cute. I love the pictures (and the name). I hope that some time I can see him in person. Miss ya!!!

Julie said...

Stephanie, those pics are the sweetest. He is so perfect, I can't tell if he looks more Evans or Lindblom but he is sure cute. Glad you are doing so well!

The J Gang said...

Super cute stephanie!!!!!!!! He looks seriously edible!!! Congrats, hope to see you guys soon.

marcie said...

oh my gosh I got teary eyed when I saw these... I hate being so far away. Steph he's perfect! I hope I can come see you Trav and Collin soon

Unknown said...

SO Cute!!!!

Adam and Jess said...

I saw the pics the other day and forgot to comment, sooooooo cute. I don't know if she filtered the pictures, but everyone's skin just looks perfect. I especially love the individual pictures he has with each of you. He did great.

Adam and Jess said...

P.S How did you do a collage of pictures for your header? I think I'm computer illiterate:)

Tinkstoy said...

Stephanie and Travis...what amazing beautiful pictures...WOW...I adore the ring and toes...so cute and precious. He's a very handsome baby boy and you look amazingly happy...we are so happy for both of you and know Collin will be the joy of your life forever.

Can't hardly wait to meet him.

Love you tons,
Aunt Tava

Tinkstoy said...

PS...words of advice that I never listened to and wished I had of.

Remember to take naps when he does (sometimes it's the only time you'll sleep).

All the house work, cleaning etc., can wait and for the next 20+ years don't worry about the house (within reason of course.) There will be plenty of time for that when the kids are gone.

Hope you get the jist of my message...love you tons,
Aunt Tava