Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Little Guy

We are thrilled to announce that our little man,

Collin Kay Evans

joined our family on March 13, 2009!


Thursday morning, around 1 am, the contractions began. They waned in the afternoon, so Rachel and I took off to the mall to walk him out! It worked :) By 6:30pm they were getting stronger and closer together. We watched our favorite show, The Office, at 9pm, but Trav decided we needed to head to the hospital when he realized I spent most of the time breathing through pain while he was laughing at Dwight and Michael :) We arrived about 11pm and they admitted me. I was dialated to a 5, 100% effaced. From there, they told me it was a textbook delivery. I dilated 1cm each hour and by 5am they had me give a practice push and could see his head! So I had to hold off until the doctor could get there. I only had to push three times before I had him out and on my stomach instead of in it! :) Trav cut the cord and then quickly transitioned into the camera man!

Here I am waiting with the blessing of an epideral :) (Let's give the inventor of that a round of applause !)

Here's dad waiting it out by studying for his Physiology test the next day. (He never made it to that test :)

At two weeks past his due date he weighed in at a surprising 7lbs 14 oz. ( I thought I was having a nine pounder, at least)



My wonderful doctor, Dr. Constantine. Turns out, he was also born on a Friday the 13th. We've decided 13 will now be our lucky number.




So Precious! Unfortunately he did a number on his face with his long fingernails while in the nursery.



Thanks to everyone who came to visit us! We have such amazing friends who have become our family while we are away from home. The Shaw's and Shaheen's brought flowers, an adorable quilt, and dinners for Trav. What would we do without you guys?


Crescent gave birth to an adorable little girl on Saturday. It was fun to be in the hospital at the same time as her!

We were discharged on Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Buffalo for the drive home. We walked in the door to a Welcome Home poster, balloon, and muffins. Rachel, you are amazing!
The Happy New Family! I feel so fortunate to have a healthy baby boy and a wonderful husband who has been so supportive and loving, as always. I'm truly the luckiest.



41 comments:

Retro Plants said...

he is soooo cute!
like he would be anything other!
so happy for you guys:)

let us know when we can bring you dinner. . . or whatever else you want!!!

so glad everything went perfectly!
easier on you as a new mom :)

doesn't your family feel more complete now? love that feeling.

p.s. you guys couldn't have had more perfect timing. . . right before spring break! not to mention that you didn't miss the Office :)

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Congrats guys!! Collin is sooooo adorable! I'm glad the delivery went well and I'm glad you're so happy!

Kristen Arnett said...

Oh I was so excited to see this post! I've been checking every day! Congratulations on your adorable baby boy and on a great delivery!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

Karen said...

Congrats. He is so adorable. I am glad everything went so well. I have wanted to call everyday, but also wanted to give you some time (I will be calling soon). I cannot wait to see more pictures. What a cute family.

Stephanie Allen said...

I have been checking every day for this post ever since your mom emailed me. I am so excited for you guys! He is one handsome little man! Collin is going to be a stud when he grows up! Congrats! We love you guys!

Chase and Shalyse Rogers said...

So so cute!! Congrats guys. So funny though, he just missed my birthday by a day. :) He is so dang cute and you look awesome stephanie. I'm so glad the delivery went well. Chase got Trav's text and has been wanting to call and say congrats but things have been a little crazy. :) Welcome to Motherhood!!

Hiatt Family said...

Congrats! He is adorable. I am so, so happy for you guys!!!

bettina said...

I've been checking your blog like crazy to see this little stud! Wow! He is yummy! Congratulations steph and trav! You will be great parents and you will have so much fun! Enjoy!

Natalie said...

Yay!!! I've been waiting for pictures. You look great. Your little man is adorable. Welcome to parenthood. I love being a mommy! Let me know if you need anything. Tyson has been sick for a couple of weeks. We'll come visit as soon as I know he's 100% better. Love ya.

Sean & Kendra said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely handsome!! Let me know if you need anything!

kandis said...

Congrats! He is so cute!!!

Amber said...

ya! congrats! he's beautiful and you look like a happy family!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you (and it makes me even more anxious for my own little boy)! I am glad everything went so well, and he is just so cute :)

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad it wasn't too difficult for you. Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Collin Is So CUTE!!Congrats to you sister evans. i am so happy for you!

RaCHeL said...

What a cute little guy! I'm so glad that everything went well for you! You look amazing too by the way! XOXO

M Evans said...

Good Job you guys he is super cute!

Leah Martineau said...

Oh Collin, your mommy has been waiting a very long time to meet you!!! I'm glad you didn't give her any trouble during the delivery!!! =)

Well what can I say you are a Udall and had a wonderful labor and delivery. Ok so we are not as tough as our moms who can birth children without an epidural but we are still good at having those babies and cute ones at that =) Love ya and I'm sooooo glad we were able to talk!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! He is beautiful. I'm glad the delivery went so well. And I can't believe you had to wait almost two weeks, but I'm sure it was definitely worth the wait. Good luck with your brand new baby and enjoy him!

Julie said...

I was so excited to see this post! Looks like everything went well, what a cute family you guys are. He is really adorable, and I like the name a lot!

Paula said...

Of course he is absolutely adorable. I don't have any other kind of grandchildren. I'm so glad he is here and you are doing so well and everything went well. Life is good. I would love to be able to hold him. Take tons of pictures and send them.

Lisa G. Hogle said...

SO fun & cute! Welcome to a whole NEW world! Glad everything went well for you guys. Evan says to tell Travis he understands the school sacrifice - Addison was born on the first day of classes . . . great way to start a semester. I can't wait to see the three of you and hold that beautiful little boy!

Crescent said...

I am so excited for you guys!! It was fun to see you in the hospital...even though I look like a train wreck in the picture of the both of us!! I think it's great that he finally decided to come on his own! Hopefully things are going well at home and that you are getting some sleep:) Our first night home was pretty rough, but it's gotten a lot better since then! It will be so fun to watch our little ones grow up together!

Candi & Ezra said...

Congrats! You did awesome and he is adorable! You have such a cute little family!

Stephanie said...

yeah! i'm so happy for you, he looks adorable and you look great! we've been patiently checking your blog, we are glad to see he has arrived!

Elixound Inc. said...

Congrats Stephanie! He is beautiful! Love, Cammy Moffat

Shelley Goodman said...

Little Collin is such a cutie! Sorry I haven't called you yet, I have been waiting for a time where I can sit down and talk. Mom filled me in yesterday on the poop and pee in the face story though...haha, joys of having a boy:) Hope you are doing ok!

Adam and Jess said...

Oh my gosh, it's about time. I really can't believe your Dr let you go 2 weeks over!!!He is adorable and I love the chubby cheeks. Steph, from the hospital to home you already look like you've lost 15-20 lbs, you look great. Does your family have small babies or do think maybe the due date might have been off since he was so late and still not massive? SLEEP WHEN HE SLEEPS!!!!

Kate said...

Congratulations!!! Your mom emailed all of us cousins to let us know Collin finally made his debut. He really is a beautiful baby. And I don't just tell people that to make them feel good. It's true. He's gorgeous. Way to go!
Love, cousin Kate

Natalie said...

Congratulations! He is darling.

Mindi Blake said...

Wow! Congrats! I am very happy for you and Travis!

Colette Goodman said...

Oh Steph, he's darling. Congrats! And you looks amazing for just giving birth.

Ryan and Megan said...

Steph and Travis- It was so much fun seeing you guys today, thank you for letting us stop in!! Colin is beautiful. Can we PLEASE get together more often, we miss you guys!!!!

Tasha said...

Congratulations!!! He is seriously so adorable! I'm so glad the delivery went well for you. :)

Tinkstoy said...

Stephanie and Travis: He's ADORABLE...OMH...congrats, congrats, congrats...and oh yea Friday the 13th is an extremely WONDERFUL FANTABULOUS DAY...because that's the day my parents were married 50 years ago and to now know that little Collin Kay was born on thier 50th Anniversary...all I can say is I know he will bring you tremendous joy and be the bright spot in your life.

Stephanie...you look amazing and beautiful...you have a glow about you that just shines...I'm so happy he's here save and sound. Can hardly wait to meet him in person and hold him.

Love you tons,
Aunt Tava

Britta said...

Congrats! I'm so glad all went so well. It almost had to with 2 weeks of waiting! He's adorable.

Holly Garvin said...

He is so cute! I'm so happy that everything worked out. Congrats!!!!

brentandkashann said...

He came out! They always do! And he's so handsome. Hope you are all doing good! Rest up and yeah, when you get a chance I would love to borrow the book, the Host.

The Haslam Family said...

Congrats he finally made his presence. Well worth the wait. So I ws looking back on some of your post and I have to say I love his room. So cute!!! I hope you are recovering well along with adjusting to the new man in your life.

melissa hogle said...

Congrats Stephanie and Travis -he is a beautiful baby boy! How wonderful is parenthood?