Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Festivities Begin!

Well, the good times started last Wednesday, when the Phillips invited us over for treats and games. Of course we started with Mafia. I thought it was funny when, as we started playing, one of the kids exhasperately yelled out, "Are you guys playing the "close your eyes" game again?!" Haha. Then it was decided that we should play Murder in the Dark. This is played with the lights out, holding hands, sitting in a circle. Well, I just thought that a bunch of "grown ups" doing this was too funny and tried to snap a pic. I couldn't fit everyone in it, but you get the idea. Us Mormons have no shame. :) On the contrary, we had a blast!

Turkey Day started with some much needed sleeping in! Then Travis ran off to play football with the Elder's Quorum for a few hours. Amazingly, it wasn't snowing and the field was just muddy in the middle. He said it was a lot of fun (and thankfully my first question asked when he got home, "did anyone get hurt?" was answered in the negative). They just didn't count on horrible soreness for the next three days as "hurt" :) I spent those hours watching the Macy's Day Parade and baking!

Ta Da! My favorite: candied yams, apple pie, and green bean casserole. The casserole is something I didn't grow up eating, but it is a staple at the Evans' house, so I obliged Travis. :) Sad that at 25, this was my first Thanksgiving to actually make part of the meal!

The Marchent's invited us to their place for dinner. We shared a yummy meal with them, the Shaheens, the Fox's, and a few guys from dental school.

The Spread:

Stuffing our faces.

Cheese!

Later that night we met at our house for dessert and games. We taught everyone how to play "Three on a Couch". Very fun and I think we got Bron hooked!

Black Friday was spent at the mall (I know, can you believe we did that!?) and other various stores. Nothing too exciting was purchased. I did get a little worried though, when this obnoxious guy in an Escalade tried to pick a fight with Trav in the parking lot. People are just *@# holes on Black Friday! Excuse my French. That night the Cardons invited us over for "Nog Fest" and a gingerbread house contest. Creed makes a mean nog.

The Shaw's Choo Choo Train!

Bron and Megan

Creed and Tiff

Not only does Creed make nog, he makes some AmAzInG Hot Chocolate- complete with candy cane, whipped cream, marshmellows, and chocolate syrup! Delish!


Saturday was spent cleaning the house and putting up Christmas decorations! Yeah! Then I finally went to see Twilight with Megan and Rachel. Definitely a cheesy love story, but good all the same. I got a twinge of homesickness when the movie showed a skyline view of Phoenix at the beginning. Sniff, sniff. Never thought I'd miss a Saguaro. :)

13 comments:

Adam and Jess said...

You had a busy week, I love those. Now I can finally see a minute little belly, it's about time. I was wondering if you were still pregnant :) I'm not sure if I want to still grow out my hair, but that's the plan. I was going to blog and ask, but forgot. Honest opinion, what do you think?

Karen said...

I am glad you had such a good Thanksgiving we missed you and cannot wait to see you at Christmas. I love the gingerbread houses.

RaCHeL said...

That weekend was fun filled! However I did notice a slight
type-o. You forgot about us at Turkey dinner. :( jk

p.s.
Don't be surprised when you see the same pics on my blog. Thanks for being such a diligent photographer. :)

Jacob and Katie said...

I have a confession: I've been zooming in on your pictures of food and checking up allrecpies.com for the same thing. The dinner looked delicious!

Tasha said...

I saw Twilight on Saturday too. I totally can relate to it making you miss home. All the shots of WA were almost too much to handle.. haha. Looks like you had an awesome weekend!

Leah Martineau said...

Yeah Less than 20 days till we can finally see you again!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you guys are surrounded by amazing friends over there!!! I will always think of you when I see yams =)

Sean & Kendra said...

Wow!! Looks like your long weekend was crazy busy. It was great to be able to visit with you on Thanksgiving.

BTW, I stole some of your pics for my blog!

Rachelle said...

So, long time no catch up on your blog!! I'm glad to see that you are alive and well in NY. I need your address so I can mail you a card so if you get it from this post, please respond to me, if not well I guess I'll get it from your mom. I'm still blogless so you'll have to catch up on us with our card. Peace Out.

Shelley Goodman said...

Fun thanksgiving! Dad made yams too but yours looked prettier. I still think it's funny that it is snowing over there and all you're wearing is one little jacket. Leah and I went and got stuff for your invites last night. They will be cute!

melissa hogle said...

Hey Trav and Stephanie! Its good to see you guys are doing good! I am sure we will see you during the holidays when you are down and we will have to compare bellies! Looks like you guys are doing good!

Leah Martineau said...

Just wanted to say Hi again!! Oh I miss my Steph and I'm already counting down the days until your lunch!!!

Ryan said...

Oh Steph...it's so fun to see everything that's going on with you and Travis. I love it because I feel like we are "caught" up all the time. One of these days we will have a real phone conversation. Your belly is adorable by the way!
Stephanie

Paula said...

Just barely had time to look at your blog today. I'm glad you had a good T-Day. I love the LEON. Way to go Trav! And I want to know what belly? Can't wait to see you in person.