Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER!!!!!!

Seriously, I know the title sounds melodramatic, but I really feel that way! You think waiting in line at Disneyland or the DMV feels like forever, then you wait to have a baby and NOTHING COMPARES! I have tried it all folks! Long walks, spicy food, fresh pineapple, Red Leaf Raspberry Tea, Primrose oil.... Trav's tried to help.....Last night I was feeling like giving up. Maybe if I didn't care, time would speed up, or the pressure would be off... I don't know. I was just getting depressed. So then we go back to the hospital today to have another sonogram and some tests done to see if the fluid is still OK, check his heartbeat, etc. The technician was doing a normal sonogram and then she suddenly switched to 4D and we saw this.....

My heart literally melted as I got tears in my eyes. How is this helping me to not care when he comes??? It's not!! Oh, I want him so bad! So desperate times bring desperate measures. I called Tiff on the way home to see if I could borrow her Castor oil. I really didn't want it to come to this, but I'll pretty much do anything at this point! Wish me luck!!! :)

27 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, I have heard that it is not a fun way to have a baby. Maybe just getting the castor oil will work as it did when I needed Carrie to come after being pregnant forever! Hang in there, you will not be pregnant forever but it sure seems like it at times.

sarahjohn said...

Hey Steph, its Sarah Taylor. Good luck with the Castor oil, I was never desperate enough for that. hopefully you won't get tooooo sick. Don't worry, he will come when he is ready and boy is he CUTE!

RaCHeL said...

I have tears in my eyes! He is so precious! You've just made it so nice & cozy in there that he is a little too comfy! He'll come!

XOXO

Retro Plants said...

i know how it feels to be pregnant forever! indy was a week over and kendy two weeks. . . all i can say that is that when they are ready, they are ready.
your labor and recovery will be so much easier if you just wait till they are ready to come- i have done it both ways (induce and "waiting" and "waiting" was much easier!)
hang in there! it will come before you know it!

Leah Martineau said...

He is so cute, I never got a 3-D or 4-D pictures with my kids and now i'm sad I didn't. His little lips are so cute. I'm will me waiting for that text!!!!!

Retro Plants said...

p.s. he is so cute!

Adam and Jess said...

NO, DON'T DO IT STEPH! Ok, I know you're desperate, but castor oil sucks. It seems like it only works if your body is really ready. I took it twice, when I was late with Gage, and was just miserable both times and haven't done it since. Hope to hear some good things soon. The nursery is so adorable.

M Evans said...

Hang in there Steph, and if I were you I would just threaten him with castor oil but not really do it. I have heard to many stories... He is so cute!

Natabug and Thayners said...

Good luck Steph! You'll go into labor any day now. Maybe tonight. My guess is your labor will start tonight at 11:05pm but you won't go to the hospital until 1:03am and the baby will be born by 7:37am.

Karen said...

He is so cute. Stephanie hang in there you will not be pregnant forever. I have never used castor oil, but I have heard it is not fun, but whatever you do I wish you luck.

Stephanie Allen said...

oh boy... Castor oil... yeah... I dunno about that... I don't think I could ever bring myself to that point... well good luck with whatever you choose to do! We love you guys... all three of you!

Sean & Kendra said...

Oh I feel so bad for you. His picture is so cute, though! I don't know about the castor oil. I have heard horror stories about it.

M Evans said...

My mom is and RN in Labor and Delivery and she told me to beg you not to do the castor oil, if you want specific reasons not to email me...

Tiffany said...

Wow...i'm really sorry I gave you the castor oil. It seems to be causing quite the stir! I will laugh if it worked though. Hopefully you are not still sick from it! I never had that bad of an effect. Maybe i'm crazy. I hope you aren't to sick! I can't wait to meet him. That is the sweetest little picture!

Crescent said...

Oh girl, I totally know how you are feeling!! I love the picture--it's so amazing that you can see such detail when it is still inside you! Hang in there, he'll make his grand entrance soon and then you'll forget about everything else, I promise!

Amber said...

good luck! can't wait to hear what happens :)

Hiatt Family said...

Ok you have a right to be tired of being pregnant! He really is so, so cute. I can't wait to see a pic of him when he is out of you and a part of this world! Good luck!

Tasha said...

Awwwwwwwwww! Hopefully any minute now! Good luck. :)

Stephanie said...

Hang in there Steph! I have been checking your blog every day for news. That 3-D image is amazing, he is going to be so cute!

Shelley Goodman said...

Wow, that picture is pretty cool! It looks like he will have a dimple chin which I hope one of my kids gets. Nice billy cord too:)

Ryan and Megan said...

Oh my gosh! Did you drink it? You are one brave soul!! Okay- that picture is incredible. I have never seen anything like it. Even though you haven't had your baby yet, it must be kind of a relief to know that he is good looking!!! Congratulations!!! Best of luck to ya, we're waiting waiting waiting waiting for the good news.

Kristen Arnett said...

Oh Steph! He looks so cute! I can't wait to see him! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. And I LOVE the stripes in the bedroom! Great job!

TahneeJeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TahneeJeanne said...

Oh my good gravey!!! He is so cute Mrs. Evans. I bet you are so excited. My mom told me to put that she knows how it feels to wait. She had to wait a long time for Jordan. She was not so happy when I came a month early. I am sorry you had to do such a gross thing!!

Brendon and Carrie said...

I think most people have already told you not to take the castor oil. I was talking to some women in my ward that did it and they said the contractions are very painful when you are not far along. It makes the experience much worse. Also one said she took it but she threw up and it was not fun. They said it worked but it made the contractions way worse. He is adorable. Also from my experience let them stay in until they are ready. I wish I would have with Matty because maybe I wouldn't have gone through as much as I did. It will come and then there will be a time you wish that he were back in your stomach because they are easier. Love you and hang in there. Sorry this is so delayed. Love ya!

Chase and Shalyse Rogers said...

Ha ha ha. ah memories. I totally know what you are going through. I tried everything myself and nothing worked. Even the drugs at the hospital had a really hard time working too. And.... a really, really long labor made me seriously think that pregnancy was going to be a permanent thing for me. Ha ha. just hang in there! There really is a light at the end of the tunnel.

M Evans said...

I can't believe you havent updated this to "HE'S FINALLY HERE!". Are they going to induce you anytime?