Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Vaca. Con't.

You didn't think I was done did you??!! Oh no, there is much more to add! Here are the rest of my very random pictures of our trip to AZ!


A few fun things that we did with the Evans family included, a progressive dinner. We take a family picture at each house, but I just put the first one in. We started with salad at Carrie and Brendon's house, had rolls at Megan and Marcus's, main course at the parent's house, and dessert at Karen and Reddins. Reddin made some killer hot chocolate- literally :) It was "Mexican Hot Chocolate" and had a bit more than a pinch of cayenne pepper. Yummm- haha. I don't think it got the approval he was hoping for. We did this on Dec. 29, Travis's mom's birthday. She opened presents at the last house and then little Liam decided he had had enough and culimnated the night with throwing up all over the bathroom. Was it the hot chocolate? (His dad almost got him there in time!)
One Sunday night, was Matt's blessing. They did it at home because of all his monitors he's still hooked up to. I'm told he looks like Travis did as a baby.

I'm holding sweet Kayda, Karen's daughter. (Karen is my sister- in- law next to me.
We should just refer to me as the jolly green giant in that family!)



After FHE, one Monday night, my whole family got together and watched the movie, Christmas with the Kranks. Oh, my. Even my dad joined in- very novel. This movie has quickly become one of my mom's favorites. It's ridiculously corny and filled with slapstick humor. Tim Allen stars in it, if that gives you an idea of it's sillyness.

As I passed the back window and saw my father out in the mud with his Sunday clothes on, a couple hours before church, I just had to take a picure. He has been doing major construction on the front and back yards and I think he might be trying to get grass to grow. Who knows! I guess we'll say the ox was in the mire that day. :)
I learned a new skilll.... putting in hair extentions! I put about 15 in my sister's hair and then Travis decided he wanted to join in the fun. That's a mighty fine rat tail, if I do say so myself!

This is about the most beautiful picture ever taken of me, but I had to put it in to document the night that I kicked Travis's trash at ping pong! He was getting so frustrated and I was doing a great job of gloating. Sadly, we were working up quite the sweat!

Baptisms and Baby Showers- Oh, BOY!

My youngest brother, Craig, turned eight on Dec. 19, and had his baptism on Saturday, Dec. 27. We all got together for a family picture afterward, but wait... who's missing?

Why Christopher, of course!!!! This is nothing new, so we had to take another one back at the house. We had a big luncheon of Ned's crazy subs, fruits, chips, and cookies for all to enjoy.

The baptism was from 10-11:30, with lunch from 11:30- 1pm. Then we had an hour to clean up after the lunch party and get ready for my baby shower at 2pm! My poor mother... all this is just a month after she's had major surgery. What a trooper!


My sisters, mom, and cousin Leah organized the shower for me and did an amazing job. Leah made the adorable banner in the background! She is too stinkin' cute!


Little mishap with the ice! Just the next day I filled up a big cup of Sonic ice and water and it slipped and crashed in exactly the same spot! Bad luck!


Thank you to everyone that brought all the yummy food- not pictured are the fondue pots with dipping treats!

Opening presents was so fun. I got some really cute outfits and blankets and oh so many gift cards! Thank you, thank you!




Ok, more random activities.....


We went to see The Tale of Despereaux. BOOOOO!!! Actually, make that a double boooo with stinky cheese on top! Ugh, I couldn't have been more disgusted! I've read this book three times and it is SO cute!! The movie was the sorryiest representation possible of the book. I just got more and more mad sitting there. I think I was in the minority though, there was a round of applause at the end from the audience and my mom and brother loved it. Read the book people!! Way better!

We also saw the new Tom Cruise movie, Valkyrie. I hadn't seen any previews before going in to see it, but knew it was about an attempt on Hitler's life. So you knew what the ending was going to be, but you still held on to hope somehow. It was high stress until the end, when it turned incredibly sad. My heart ached for his poor wife and children. It was refreshing to see, however, that some of Hitler's own men saw how evil he was and at least tried to put an end to it.

Ok, the last Sunday we were home, we all gathered around to play Maffia when I suddenly remembered how Lane used to love to dance to the Flow Rider's song, Low. I mean, he was a year old, jammin' to this song in his carseat and it was always so funny. So Casey played the song on his cell phone, and the second the music started, Lane's eye's got big and he stopped in his tracks, until he started dancin'! Unfortunately, you can't hear the music in the video, but just sing along in your head, "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur...... the whole club was lookin' at her!!!!" Haha! So funny!




Well, I think that does it for Christmas pics. Don't worry, New
Year's Eve is yet to come! :)

1 comment:

Leah Martineau said...

Ha, great post!! I love how it is never ending!! I have no idea how you packed all that fun into the 10 days you were here!!!! And now you still have to blog about NY. Love ya!!!!!